1. we had the hyde st party on saturday which is basically the dunedin student event of the year! 4000 people pile into one little narrow street and have the biggest party. I missed out last year so i was so excited to go – and it was amazing! we dressed up as a basketball team – as you can see we had fun taking pictures! we had a champagne breakfast and crepes with yummy toppings beforehand which was perfect. I feel like i’ve ticked it off my dunedin bucket list, which is handy with it being my last year here and all ;)
2. the bachelor has come to new zealand and its just the best thing! i’m liking matilda so far – such a cute name right? oh ps on the bachelor usa i was so so pleased chris chose whitney and may or may not have cried – it was just so perfect!
3. i made this recipe for dinner the other night and it was so so good – i used to make it tons last year and it is always so yum.
4. i went to the career development centre at uni the other day and got majorly guilt tripped about my lack of extra curricular activities while i’ve been at uni – i was such a committed wee chicken at high school and then i got to uni and it all flew out the window haha. i thought all students were only supposed to study and drink – what is this other business?
5. i am hanging out for the easter break!!!! i get to spend ten days at home with the family and whats more they are also on holiday at that time!! i can’t wait to do lots of fun activities and outings with my sister and mama. sarah, get ready for some cafe trawling!
6. i got given a brand new iPhone 4s back when i sent it in to get fixed and i cannot get over how good the battery life is!! i haven’t charged it once today and it’s still on 40% at eleven o clock at night!!! it used to die three times a day! i honestly couldn’t care less about the fact I am 3 versions behind, my family were gunning for me to get upgraded when i got the phone back but the battery life is a treat and all i need is insta, feedly and snapchat #reallife.
7. in my chinese cinema paper we’ve just had a response paper due and i stupidly agreed to do it in chinese – instead of english!! it was stressing me out big time and i felt like i couldn’t remember how to say anything.. but sure enough after a few days of reading and writing chinese i got back into it and feel insanely proud to have submitted a 700 word film critique in chinese! (which translates to like 1000 words in english – we anglo saxons are a lot wordier). it’s a personal win – i have the strongest sense of accomplishment that will stay with me for a while. it’s just brilliant to know that even after a nearly 5 month break from using a language, i will be able to pick it back up and surprise myself. i was pinning a LOT of pinterest inspirational quotes to get me through and making them my screensaver etc – here are some of my faves: i hope if you’re having a crazy week these help you like they helped me!
right, i’m off to the library to catch up on the notes that i have rather neglected in my chinese concentrations! happy week all – we bought ingredients for a hot cross bun bread and butter pudding which i’m going to make for the
fatties flatties later on this week, so i’ll report back if it’s extra yum!